HUD Certified Homes
- United States Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- How are HUD certified homes different than Tiny Homes? HUD certified homes are 400 sq ft or more, have no lofts, and are permanently placed on a property.
- Can HUD Homes be a main home? It all depends on the minimum size requirement of a jurisdiction, however yes there are many main houses being built to HUD standards.
- Can a HUD home be an Accessory Dwelling Unit? Yes and especially beneficial in areas that have not legalized Movable Tiny Homes or RV park models in backyards, a HUD certified home will be legal as long as other criteria are met.
- What's the benefit of a HUD home vs. a stick built home? HUD homes come with certification from the factory, are built faster and are far less expensive because of the bulk purchasing nature.